It’s Spring Break time here in beautiful Southern California! But, what is there to do when you want to have some Spring Break fun? Kids have time off school so many of us working folks will take a bit of time to also do a little vacationing; or even staycationing.
Your Telesis Collision Center Family put together some fun things to do during your Spring Break.
For those that are trying to vacation with the family while staying on a budget, a “staycation” can provide a great little break from the monotony. SignUpGenius offers “50 Spring Break Activities that Won’t Break the Bank”. Spring Break fun while saving your pennies!
Our favorites include:
- Camp it out – Create your own campground in the backyard.
- Pamper Party – Turn your home into a spa with mini mani/pedis for all.
- Get culture – Local museums often have discount programs during school vacations.
- Meet Mother Nature – Head outside, go for a walk and explore.
- See it, do it – Let your kids direct the day. If they see something fun, be ready to play.
- Just ride – Get those gears turning and go for a family bike ride to nowhere.
- Animal attraction – Hit up the local zoo. (Hint: check local flyers for coupons).
- Strike – Grab some of those fancy shoes and bowl.
- Get lost – Play tourist in your own town and discover something new.
If you are hoping to “get out of Dodge” for Spring Break fun, but still stay fairly local, we’ve got some ideas for you!
- Beautiful Gardens: Visit any number of beautiful gardens in So Cal that you can make a day trip out of! Check out www.onlyinyourstate.com to find the “9 Most Beautiful Gardens You’ll Ever See in Southern California“. Send us some pictures!
- Cirque du Soleil in OC: Luzia by Cirque du Soleil has come to the Orange County Fair & Event Center. Fun! Click HERE for more details.
- La Brea Tarpits: Visit the La Brea Tarpits in Los Angeles. While perusing the tar pits and museum you can see scientist who are still actively excavating fossils from over 11,000 years ago when wildlife covered Los Angeles.
- Dodger Stadium Tour: Do you love baseball? How ‘bout them Dodgers? Schedule a tour of Dodger Stadium – a home to some of the greatest players and fans in all of baseball!
- Griffith Observatory: If it were up to Rhianna we would “Shine bright like a diamond” and lucky for us, we can see the “diamonds in the sky” at Griffith Observatory. The Griffith Observatory is open every day besides Monday and has activities on the calendar you can participate in as well. Admission is FREE!
- Ronald Reagan Library & Museum: Visit Genghis Khan’s historic exhibition at the Ronald Reagan Library & Museum that showcases hundreds of artifacts from Genghis’ 13th century Empire. Visitors will experience the exhibition through the eyes of a Mongolian resident, receiving a civilian identity card at the beginning of the their journey. They are open 10am-5pm every day of the week and you can purchase your tickets online. While there don’t forget to see the Air Force One aircraft and the Oval Office replica!