Car Insurance Confusion
Car insurance can be incredibly confusing, especially when you need car repair, and you’re trying to figure out precisely what you’re covered for. Meanwhile, your insurance company is encouraging you to go to one body shop, but it’s not where you want to take your car. What’s the big deal anyway about you going somewhere you choose as opposed to a body shop of their choice? The only reason why your insurance company wants you to go to their preference is that they have a contract with that auto body shop. It may be a faster repair, but when it comes to collision repair, faster never means better.
You Have The Right To Choose
No matter what, the right to choose a body shop will always remain in your hands, no matter what your insurance company tells you. With all the added pressure they’re giving you in an already stressful situation, it makes you wonder if they’re really on your side after all? What else aren’t they telling you?
Here at Telesis Collision Center, we get drivers asking us all the time all sorts of questions concerning their car insurance policy. They often feel taken advantage of by their insurance company, feeling like they are doing everything but help drivers during an already stressful time.
Let’s go back to your policy: After you decide which plan best fits your needs, things seem to get even more confusing once you get the bill. What also goes into the rates for your premium? Are there certain things affecting the pricing that you are unaware of? The answer to that question is yes, and we’re here to explain five of those unknown things that car insurance companies don’t want you to know.
- Where you live impacts your premium: Each state has a different car insurance premium. Here in California, we’re part of the top 10 states with the highest insurance premiums, along with New York, Texas, Florida, and more. Whereas, states with the most inexpensive average car insurance premiums include Ohio, Virginia, Vermont, and more.
- What kind of car you drive matters: A lot of people don’t know that the type of car that you drive plays a vital role in how much you’ll pay for your premium. Your car’s total value and even the safety rating factor in the cost. Do you have any special features on your vehicle? That will also go towards the cost of your policy.
- How old (or young) you are affects your insurance premium: This one isn’t much of a secret. Age will play a role in how much you’re paying on your premium. The youngest (typically 18 years old) and oldest (75+) drivers will pay the most on average. What you may not realize is your marital status, job, education level, and even gender affect your insurance rates.
- The car insurance is for the car, not you: It’s only reasonable you would be a bit apprehensive if someone wants to drive your car. Technically speaking, most car insurance policies cover the vehicle itself and not who is driving it. If you let a friend or family member drive your car and they get in an accident, your insurance might kick in. However, this doesn’t apply for all car insurance companies, so its best to check with your policy before you let someone borrow your car.
- There are ways you can lower your rates: Your insurance company won’t tell you about the ways you can reduce your rates because, of course, they only see the money. Here are a few unknown ways you can lessen how much you’re paying on your premium:
- Ask about available discounts,
- Always pay bills on time.
- Review your credit report.
- Drive carefully.
- Carefully choose whatever car you drive.
Why Choose Us
Here at Telesis Collision Center, we feel you deserve to know everything regarding your car insurance. You paid a lot of money for your car, so it’s only fair that you know what may be affecting your premium and how you can save money. We will work with you and your insurance company to give you a stress-free repair because that’s what you deserve.
We promise to work with you to ensure you are getting the best quality of repair out there! Each one of our technicians is up-to-date on OEM repair procedures from your car’s manufacturer. We know that you have several choices when looking for an auto repair shop in Palmdale. Why not take it to a shop that will perform the repair precisely as the manufacturer instructs?
We are committed to giving you the best service possible. If you’d like to schedule a free estimate or get a free online quote, click any of the buttons below! Or, if you’d prefer to call us, feel free to give us a call at (661)-952-4732.
We look forward to hearing from you!Schedule An Estimate https://telesiscollision.com/get-free-online-quote