Car accidents are one of the scariest and emotional experiences one can ever experience. Whether it’s an unnecessary fender bender in rush hour on the 5 or an injury causing collision, the following are 6 steps we recommend taking if you’ve been involved in an auto crash:
- Check for injuries: Whether it’s yourself or anyone else in the car, an injury is an injury. Call 911 to get help immediately.
- Safely take control of the scene: If the car is drivable, safely move your car on the right side of the road or the left emergency lane. Turn on your hazard lights and put out reflective triangles or warning flares if you have them. Whatever you do, do not leave the scene of the crash.
- Call 911: Regardless of the size of accident, calling the police to report the accident is required. According to California Vehicle Code section 20008, the driver of any vehicle involved in any car accident must make a written report of the crash to the California Highway Patrol or to the place department of the city where the accident occurred. You must also make a note if the crash resulted in any injuries or death. This has to be done within 24 hours of the crash. However, if a law enforcement officer comes to the scene of the accident, they will write a report of the accident and you will not need to make your own separate written report.
- Get and Exchange Information: Gathering information from the parties involved, including witnesses, will help any potential problems and future paperwork. We suggest you document:-Names and contact information-Vehicle information: makes, models, and years of all cars involved
-Driver’s license numbers
-Photos of location, vehicles, and people involved
-Driver’s license numbers
-Insurance carriers and policy numbers
- Contact Insurance: The sooner you get in contact with your insurance, the sooner they can start filing the claim. They are available 24/7 and they can let you know what to expect during the claim process.
- Get your car repaired: Although your insurance may encourage you to go to a few different places, ultimately you reserve the right to choose where you want to get your car repaired.We at Telesis Collision Center know this is an extremely stressful time and we are here to help you. We can schedule you a free estimate or a free online quote. We put our customers first and are committed to assisting you through the entire repair process. We’re so confident in our repair that we offer a 100% Lifetime Warranty. Give us a call today at (661)-952-4732! We look forward to serving you and assisting you in your auto repair process!
Need collision repair in Palmdale?